6.22.2010

Saturday, June 19th

14 miles, easy
85 degrees, sunny, humid

Holy BONK! Perhaps I got ahead of myself the past 24 hours... Last week I only ran 45 miles. This week I foolishly found myself running two long runs back-to-back.

I met with Klim, Marren, Ban, and Ian at the Chevy Chase store planning to run no more than 10 miles. We set off down the CCT where we quickly crossed paths with my old teammate Chris Pruitt. I ran with Pruitt back to the Key Bridge, and realized that I was 7 miles away from the store and my car... I still felt OK, so I soldiered on with the guys up RCP. By the time we got to Calvert Rd, I was crashing hard. I took advantage of Marren's nearby apartment and called the run at 12 miles, exhausted and overheated. Jake and Ella provided water, a Powerbar, a shirt, and a few bucks to take the metro back to Friendship Heights. What a morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment