Following a week with two concurrent deadlines and a hiccup in my training, I focused on getting back into a solid training rhythm.
Sunday: 14 mile Zoo Loop with Jimmy Daly. It was a beautiful fall morning following the GRC Mixer the night before. Jimmy and I ran easy as I introduced him to this GRC running route staple.
Monday: I ran in the evening with Jerry Outlaw along the Mt. Vernon Trail heading north to the airport. 10 miles.
Tuesday: Ran solo after work on a modified loop through Adams Morgan, Dupont, Georgetown, Riverfront, the Mall, and up 14th. 8 miles.
Wednesday: Ran a memorable and muddy workout on the Mall with the team and Coach Jerry. After warming up to the Lincoln Memorial and back, we ran mile repeats on an 800m circuit in front of the American History Museum. I led a group of Dickson, Bain, and Dangerous Dave for several intervals, but after four repeats began to struggle. Still, it was arguably my best workout in several weeks or months. We completed the workout covered in sand and mud. Splits: 5:20; 5:14; 5:10; 5:10; 5:10; 2:33 (800m). 12 miles.
Thursday: Instead of taking the day off, I ran a short 6 mile loop to the National Cathedral and Dupont.
Friday: I met with Dickson in the morning for about 10 miles along the Mall, into Georgetown, down the Mt. Vernon Trail, and back.
Saturday: Group run at the store. At the end of the out-and-back we ran 2 miles at marathon pace with Young Breezy. In the afternoon we had a going-away BBQ in RCP for Jake and Ella, who are headed to Vermont. 9.5 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment