5.10.2009

Wednesday, May 7th

6 miles, easy-hard
75 degrees, sunset

I planned to run a 5K at the UMD track meet tonight, but did not look forward to it after a stressful workday that also saw my face swell up, bruise, bleed, and ooze. Gross. When I got to the track I watched Reaves run a PR in the alumni mile (woo!) with Valerie. As soon as Patrick walked up to us he saw my face and after the obligatory "What happened to you!?" asked "Do you want to switch to the 1500?" Thank you, Patrick. After a nearly two years of running together he can read me well.

So I jumped in the College Men's 1500. I haven't run that distance since a meet at Bucknell in 2007, but I was interested to see what my mile time would equate to. I toed the line with 17 other guys, two of whom were rabbits. I was in way over my head. After the gun went off I settled in at the back of the pack and battled with two other guys for the first three laps. I finished DFL, but crossed the line in a respectable 4:15 (=~4:33 mile).

No comments:

Post a Comment