4.12.2010

Sunday, April 11th - Cherry Blossom Ten Miler

14 miles, hard
60 degrees, sunny

Today was the big day. I've been training for over 100 days for this race, and I thought I did all the right things to prepare. I went out aggressively, but at mile 2.5 I started to fall off the pace, and by mile 4 my legs felt heavy. At mile 5 I did the math wrong after seeing a 26:20 split, and thought I was on my way to a poor performance. Miles 6 and 7 were less than stellar after I had psyched myself out, until I realized I still had a shot at a good time. But still, my legs were heavy and wouldn't turn over as quickly as my heart rate and breathing would allow. I faded to a finish in 54:06. It was a respectable finish, but nowhere near the time I hoped to run. Oh well. There are still two more races to redeem myself.

Towpath produced another fantastic race video:

No comments:

Post a Comment