11 miles, moderate
80 degrees, sunny
This was supposed to be the first big workout for Chicago... but was probably one of the low points of my training this year. On paper I did all the right things to prepare for the run: I hydrated, went to bed early, and helped persuade the guy to start at 8. What I wasn't prepared for was the mild-food poisioning from my under-cooked burger the night before.
We met at Edward's Ferry planning to run Duel(ing) Ferries with a pickup towards the end of the run. I knew I wasn't up for the full 20 miles, but I planned to run about 16 with four hard miles near the end. By the time we were running through Kansas at mile 6 we were already running pretty hard, and my stomach was churning. I stopped eventually and shuffled back to Edward's Ferry with Dwyer. I hoped to just run 14 miles without the workout, but as the group began the second lap I was quickly dropped behind. I made it a mile out on the trail, and walked back. Between the heat, my stomach, and my weak knee, this was an awful run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment