40 degrees, sunrise

I met with Dickson and Dave this morning for the first of many Friday workouts. I've been itching to run in my cross country spikes, and Dickson kindly obliged and did his tempo workout on the grass with me near the FDR Memorial. (I couldn't do this workout over the weekend with the Penn State game and Malory visiting.)
I didn't expect much after a tough workout on Wednesday, so I was just happy to get some uptempo miles and strides in wearing my spikes. We intended to run 2x10 minutes, but I struggled to keep up and cut off the second tempo at 5 minutes. We followed up with 8 strides, and it took until the last stride to finally open up. Readjusting from marathon training to 10k training is going to take a little while...

Where did you do this w/o?
ReplyDeleteThe field adjacent to Ohio Drive and the FDR Memorial.
ReplyDelete