12.23.2008

First Post

I have a confession. I've known this about myself for years but I always denied my true identity. I just didn't fit in growing up in Upstate New York. In college I experimented a little and by my last year at Penn State I was living a double life.

After graduation I moved to Washington, DC, voted for Obama twice, and have spent more money than I care to think about at the Apple Store. Now I'm even starting a blog. Yes,

I AM A YUPPIE.

Now that I got that off my chest, I want to state my goals for 2009 in no uncertain terms:
  • My resolution for 2009 is to take my running more seriously and I will track my training on this blog at least every other day.
  • By March 1st I will run at least 70 miles per week and maintain that mileage throughout the year (& hopefully stay healthy and injury free while doing it).
  • I will go to the gym at least twice per week to do core work, stretching, and weight lifting.
  • I will NOT do yoga. I have to draw the line somewhere...
  • I will train for two distinct and measurable peaks this year: In April will attempt to set a new PR at 10 miles and help win a team title in the Penn Relays 20K. After the Spring I will establish goals for the Fall and plan a series of races and a training schedule.
  • I will balance all these goals with my masochistic work hours and my relationship with my wonderfully supportive boyfriend John.
This blog will be a tool to track my progress, celebrate my successes, and despair in my failures. Those reading this blog (if anyone does at all) are encouraged to stay on top of me to pursue these goals. A hint: I was raised Catholic so guilt works. So does quoting the bulleted list above.

2 comments: