4.11.2009

Saturday, April 11th

15 miles, moderate
50 degrees, rain

We had a deent turnout today at the GRC store for the run. Everyone ran the usual Earnst Loop, and Reaves, Jake and I added on with a little tempo work to make it our long run. We ran 2 miles out and one mile back on CCT at 20K-ish pace after ten miles to simulate the later stages of a long race. I averaged 5:30s and didn't feel awful, so that's a good sign. In fact, today was the first day my legs started to feel good after Cherry Blossom (despite the cold rain).

We followed up with a team meeting at Dean & Deluca to plan out the fall season... sounds like there's a lot of interest in the Philly Marathon/Half Marathon. I'd like to peak in November, and the PHM is timed for me to rn a strong 10K at Veterans Day, and sets me up for Club XC Nationals. I'm sure I'll fill in the rest of my race schedule around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment