9.15.2010

Sunday, August 29th

11 miles, hard
65 degrees, sunny

Back in Binghamton for my Grandma Murphy's funeral. She was a wonderful and kind woman, and lived an incredible 99 years. Miss you Grandma!

On the drive home yesterday my dad reminded me that it was Chris Thater weekend in Binghamton, so I called Grace of the TCRC and signed up for the 5K on the spot. I knew I wouldn't run the race seriously, especially since I had run 19 miles Saturday morning. The race was as competitive as ever, with Fred Joslyn running 15:0X and still only finishing 3rd in his age group. It was great to see running friends from home though, and a surprise to run into fellow PSUXC alumnus Dennis Pollow.

I ran surprisingly fast given my long run the day before, long warm up, and lack of racing shoes. I finished in 16:34 (5:09; 5:22; ~5:25).

RESULTS

No comments:

Post a Comment