1.07.2011

Wednesday, January 5th

10 miles, hard
30 degrees, dark

We had one of our larger track workouts tonight with at least 16 guys participating.  Jerry had us run 6x1200s, but I struggled with the pace.  Dickson, Matias, and I began running at 78 sec/lap for the first two intervals, then 76 sec/lap on the next two, and had a goal of 74 sec/lap on the last two.  By the end of the first four intervals I was convinced that I wouldn't be able to go any faster, so I only ran the first 800m of their 1200s.  I did the last interval in spikes.  It wasn't a great workout, but it was still a solid workout for where I am right now, and it was the kind of thing I need to get my speed back.  It's gonna hurt.

Splits:

3:55; 3:52; 3:45; 3:50; 2:31; 2:24

No comments:

Post a Comment