2.03.2009

Monday, February 2nd - Groundhog Day

4 miles, easy + Gym

Babe. I got you babe. Seriously, the first song I heard today was Sonny and Cher's "Babe." It brings back memories of being a carefree college student and driving to Punxsutawney in the middle of the night to see a groundhog predict the weather. That was some night, and after surviving 6 hours in 5-10 degrees before sunrise, I lost any reason to bail on attending the Inaugural Events last month.


Thankfully on this Groundhog Day I did not have a ball-busting workout awaiting my sleep-deprived and half-thawed butt in the afternoon. Instead I took it easy and went to the gym to pump some iron.

Finally, as a nod to this most sacred of holidays, I'd like to acknowledge that NYC Mayor Bloomburg was bitten by SI Chuck at a lesser known groundhog ceremony this morning. That's what you get for worshiping false rodents.

No comments:

Post a Comment