10 miles, easy
75 degrees, sunny and breezy
The morning after Caitlyn's wedding, I woke early and began my run around Port Townsend. I didn't really know where I was going, but I stumbled upon a great route with beautiful views and lots of history.
I ran near the shoreline around the corner of the peninsula, where Puget Sound meets the Straights of Juan de Fuca. Logically, this is a prime location for two things: lighthouses and military installations. First I ran down from the cliffs to the shoreline and towards the lighthouse in Fort Worden State Park. While beautiful and interesting, it was nothing compared to the artillery posts I found while running the trails of the park on Artillery Hill. This fort was built around the turn of the century to protect Puget Sound and the cities and naval stations around it. I finished my run with some barefoot running around the parade grounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment