20 degrees, SNOW!
PM: 2 miles, easy + Gym

I awoke to see several inches of powder on the streets of DC this morning. Sure it was cold and early, but a run in fresh snow is an opportunity not to be missed. John, a born-and-bred Suthna, questioned my sanity (I questioned his fortitude) before I left.
When I got to the Ward One Warriors (new name, same crew) meeting spot I realized I was late and Hughes had already left. I knew I couldn't be far behind, so I decided to try to catch up. I tracked a set of footprints in the snow that were just too far apart to be anyone's other than a fellow GRC runner. Finally, at the switchback on Ross Drive in RCP I caught up to P. Hiddy. We ran the next few miles along Ross Drive and trails on fresh, virgin snow. The park was beautiful, quiet, and still. Great run.
Went to the gym after work to take advantage of the light attendance. Parking was easy too. DC needs to have more snow days.

No comments:
Post a Comment